Is The Trinity Biblical?
From the Christian Research Institute
www.equip.org
The Trinity is a basic doctrine of orthodox Christianity. Yet the word "Trinity" is not found anywhere in the Bible. Is the doctrine of the Trinity really biblical?
The doctrine of the Trinity says that there is one All Mighty One (God) who exists eternally as three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I can assure you that the elements of this doctrine are all taken directly from the Bible.
The first plank of the Trinitarian platform is that there is only one All Mighty One (God). The Bible could not be more explicit on this point, which it states explicitly about two dozen times. In Isaiah 44:8 Yahweh (The LORD) says that even He does not know of any other (mighty ones)gods!
Yahshua (Jesus) often spoke of the All Mighty One (God) as His Father, and the apostles frequently spoke of "the Almighty One (God) the Father." But the New Testament also insists that Yahshua (Jesus) is The Almighty One (God). For example, Thomas acknowledged Yahshua (Jesus) as, "My Lord(master) and my Almighty One (God)" (John 20:28), and both Peter and Paul spoke of Yahshua (Jesus) as "our All Mighty One (God) and Savior" (2 Pet. 1:1; Tit. 2:13). Yet the New Testament also makes the distinction between the Father and the Son as two very different persons. In fact they tell us that they love one another, speak to each other, and seek to glorify each other (e.g., John 17: 1-26).
The Old Testament refers often to the Holy Spirit as The Almighty One (God) at work in the world, without distinction from the Father. But Yahshua (Jesus) in John 14 to 16 explained that this Holy Spirit would be sent by the Father at the Messiah’s (Christ's) request. The Holy Spirit would teach and guide the disciples, not speaking on His own initiative, but speaking on the Messiah’s 9Christ's) behalf and glorifying The messiah (Christ). Thus, the Holy Spirit is revealed by The Messiah (Christ) to be a third person distinct from the Father and distinct from the Son.
In short, the doctrine of the Trinity is completely and totally biblical, and it is essential that all the Followers of the Messiah Yahshua (Christians) give assent to this doctrine.

Views: 1285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are we talking about evolution or Biblical history? Our doctrine did not evolve, it was Sabellianism that evolved into what is called the Oneness doctrine
"At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children".

Matthew 11:25

Bro. Germain
That scripture just proved that JESUS wasn't talking to Himself!!!!! How blind can you be?!?
The Trinity coined by Tertullian in 197Ad was from Pagan Plato's Timaeus work.History shows he like Justin Martry only believed in a functional two God system.Simular to what the Jehovah Witnesses believe today.If someone wants to believe in three gods and call them one then so be it.Yet 1+1+1=3.That is a math fact.But history alone shows how it was borrowed from the Pagans to win them over along with other doctrinal falsehoods and the bible never mentions a trinity!Traditions of man see Acts5:29!
You mention those two, but what of the other Apostolic Fathers? what about Ignatuis, Clement and Polycarp?
What about them? The apostolic fathers in history don't sway me to believe in the roman catholic church! I am Going by the TRUE Apostles from the Bible in Acts 2 Which happened Before All this false Doctrine of the trinity came out By MERE MEN!
If You want to believe TRADITIONS of Men So Be it To each it's Own But as for me I am Sticking to the Pure Word Of God! NOTHING ADDED NOTHING TAKEN AWAY!
TREVOR IF THE TRINITY IS SO CORRECT THEN WHY DID CONSTANTINE CHANGE THE WATER BAPTISM MODE in the bible TAKING AWAY THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS?and So Many other things ADDED DIFFERENT BOOKS!!! I REJECT THESE FALSE TEACHINGS!
THE TRINITY IS NOT BIBLICAL.
Della you know literally NOTHING about Church history do you?!?! Lte me help youdear:

-Two our of three of those men were NOT Roman Bishops
-ALL THREE WERE TRAINED BY AND ORDAINED BY APOSTLES JOHN & PETER
-They were a good 200+ years BEFORE the Council of Nicea! and were alive to see the Temple of Jerusalem fall. They were alive to read the scriptures that the Apostles wrote literally right after they wrote them!

Who taught you Church History? What books are you actually reading??
They were considered heretical about two hundred years BEFORE the Council of Nicea was held!! THIS IS WHAT MAKES ME LAUGH HERE!!!! The Oneness Pentecostals are trying to reach 100 years old because they were born out of Azuza. They came from an idea of an excommunicated Priest and they say that the Church, the ENTIRE Body of Christ is heretical because all other Churches believe the Trinity and they don't!?!?!

WOW!!
Job is NOT the oldest book of the Word of GOD. The Book of Enoch is, and it shows that GOD IS a Trinity! You claim a canon that disregards the Book of Enoch, but it was this same Council that you bash that created your Canon of scripture! You ought to be embarrassed!
Well Not To Argue but Many Bible Scholars Claim The Book Of Job Is,So what if it is or isn't.
God Bless you. Love In CHRIST Della M
Many of those Bible scholars also do not accept the Book of Enoch in their Canon of Scripture, however the Apostles did. It was Enoch that the Apostles quoted and what even Christ Himself quoted. Enoch saw the Triune GOD, not a Oneness doctrine GOD.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service