Is The Trinity Biblical?
From the Christian Research Institute
www.equip.org
The Trinity is a basic doctrine of orthodox Christianity. Yet the word "Trinity" is not found anywhere in the Bible. Is the doctrine of the Trinity really biblical?
The doctrine of the Trinity says that there is one All Mighty One (God) who exists eternally as three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I can assure you that the elements of this doctrine are all taken directly from the Bible.
The first plank of the Trinitarian platform is that there is only one All Mighty One (God). The Bible could not be more explicit on this point, which it states explicitly about two dozen times. In Isaiah 44:8 Yahweh (The LORD) says that even He does not know of any other (mighty ones)gods!
Yahshua (Jesus) often spoke of the All Mighty One (God) as His Father, and the apostles frequently spoke of "the Almighty One (God) the Father." But the New Testament also insists that Yahshua (Jesus) is The Almighty One (God). For example, Thomas acknowledged Yahshua (Jesus) as, "My Lord(master) and my Almighty One (God)" (John 20:28), and both Peter and Paul spoke of Yahshua (Jesus) as "our All Mighty One (God) and Savior" (2 Pet. 1:1; Tit. 2:13). Yet the New Testament also makes the distinction between the Father and the Son as two very different persons. In fact they tell us that they love one another, speak to each other, and seek to glorify each other (e.g., John 17: 1-26).
The Old Testament refers often to the Holy Spirit as The Almighty One (God) at work in the world, without distinction from the Father. But Yahshua (Jesus) in John 14 to 16 explained that this Holy Spirit would be sent by the Father at the Messiah’s (Christ's) request. The Holy Spirit would teach and guide the disciples, not speaking on His own initiative, but speaking on the Messiah’s 9Christ's) behalf and glorifying The messiah (Christ). Thus, the Holy Spirit is revealed by The Messiah (Christ) to be a third person distinct from the Father and distinct from the Son.
In short, the doctrine of the Trinity is completely and totally biblical, and it is essential that all the Followers of the Messiah Yahshua (Christians) give assent to this doctrine.

Views: 1280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anthony,

He's dealing with a 23 year old "kid." I did not know that my age suprises you, and can speak on your level, Mr. Ivy League. I'll take that as a compliment, because at my age, the wisdom, understanding and knowledge of the scriptures HaShem has given me.. wow, HE GETS ALL THE PRAISE. BARUCH HASHEM!

Anthony, you are an enemy of HaShem, His Torah, and His son Yeshua who KEPT TORAH. At least Trevor had the courage to debate me. But you, you gave up when I challenged you on the Greek and context. I will challenge you to the scriptures, you and your Ivy League education, any day of the week.

1 John 2 says that WE SHOULD WALK AS HE(YESHUA) WALKED. How did He walk? HE KEPT TORAH! You are not walking as He walked, and therefore, you are an enemy of Yeshua and is none of His.

I have no college degree. I have no theology degree, but that does not make a great theologian and scholar. Some of the best scholars never step foot in college. John Wesely taught himself Greek.

You claim that I am not saved? I am saved in the blood of Yeshua, AND WALKING IN OBEDIENCE! I just do not see how Christians miss the fact that the earliest Christians were called Nazarenes, and they kept the Torah.

You and Christianity has been indoctrinated by anti-semitic Church fathers who were against all things Jewish. Christianity has even went as far as turning Yeshua into a Greek. The Greek Jesus is way different from the Hebrew Yeshua.

One of the main reasons why the Jewish people are turned away from Yeshua is because of how Christianity portrays him. Christianity's version of Yeshua is a Greek who did not keep Torah, never taught Torah, broke the Sabbath, ate Pork, and all things against the Torah. This Jesus even lived hypocritically.

From Genesis to Revelation, it is the blood that saves. You do not know me to say that I am not saved. Come and see my lifestyle.. that is inline with Torah. Christianity IS IN BABYLON. Not only Christianity, but also Messianic Judaism, which I call "Jewish Christianity." Christianity is in Babylon, and Messianic Judaism is a Messianic version of Pharaisaic Judaism--- Traditions.

Anthony, like Trevor, you will also repent and turn to HaShem, and obey His Torah, and I cannot wait! I offered you a nice debate, but I dunno if I scared you away or what. I am ready to debate you, but if not, then stop talking about me. Go your own way.

Shalom
Trevor,

I love Church history, but I start FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. looking at Church history from either a Christian or Jewish perspective does not change facts. Its documented that the 1st 14 bishops of Jerusalem were Hebrews. James, brother of Yeshua, was the first Bishop of Jerusalem. He was head of the Church there. Gal 2 called him and Peter the pillars.

All of the earliest Christians were keeping Torah. Acts 21 said that they were zealous for the Torah. Both Jew & Hebrew kept the Torah.

Christian education literally miss this half of Church history. It was only after the death of the Apostles, that things begin to go downhill. Gnosticism begin to simply take over, along with other lawless acts and beliefs. Constantine came on the scene, and made it even worse. He even had the Nazarenes kicked out, and they could not take part at the council. Your Church will not tell you this.

It has been a conspiracy since the beginning to keep the Jews under the rug. To rid the world of the Jewish people and their practice, and you & Anthony are just following right along with it. Did you know that most bible prophecies focuses around the Israelites? Bet Christianity doesnt tell you that!

Did you know that one of THEE major prophecies of the end times is the return of ALL 12 tribes to Israel? How about the building of the 3rd temple? Christianity is simply focused on what will happen to the "Church."

That's not HaShem's focus. Christians are waiting for a rapture, and we Nazarenes, Orthodox Jews, and all of Judaism, is waiting for the building of the temple, and all 12 Tribes to return to Israel, and the return of Yeshua. Trevor, face it, THE BIBLE IS ABOUT ISRAEL, FOR ISRAEL, AND WILL END WITH ISRAEL. AND THAT my friend, you will respect.

Shalom
James I must honestly ask if you EVER had any formal Christ education or ever took time to study from the Christian standpoint? You keep asking these questions of "Did you know that....?", however you don't know that we teach all that you saying we DON'T teach!

-We teach about the 3rd Temple being built, thats why Evangelicals are helping Israel right now!
-We teach about Constantine, but you refuse to actually hear one of our teachers!
-We teach that Apostle James was the first Bishop of Jerusalem and Peter was considered a pillar with him. You however forgot to mention that John was a pillar also.

You keep claiming Constantine and others, however ignore the SECOND 3 pillars of the Church: Clement of Rome, Ignatius of Antioch, and Polycarp of Smyrna. To you, these guys aren't anybody special. Their just some heretics that corrupted the Church right? But you are wrong.

-Polycarp of Smyrna was trained up by and ordained Bishop of Smyrna Apostle John.
-Ignatius was trained up by Apostle John and ordained Bishop of Antioch by Apostle Peter.
-Clement was trained up and ordained Bishop of Rome by Apostle Peter.

These three men are regarded as the first Apostolic Fathers of the Church, and the Pillars of the Church after the Apostles died, keeping all that they taught. How about sitting down and reading what they had to say for once instead of running off and crucifying men.

Zeal without knowledge is a womb for heresy to be planted in as semen, to be born and grow into a strong baby boy, someday taking his rightful place as the Anti-Christ.

Selah....
Shalom Aleikhem.......
Trevor,

I was a Christian from 1999-2009. I have studied much during that time. HaShem has awakened me to TRUE OBEDIENCE of the Torah. Yeshua kept Torah, and so will I. You will too very soon. May HaShem hastened your return to true obedience. Your awakening is at hand!

Hear one of your teachers about Constantine? Why should I when he will most certainley skipped his anti-semitism. The best way to win a Jew is to tell him that you love him lol. Now, I speak that to mean this: Being that Christianity was obviously created from anti-semitism(You should hear the stuff Martin Luther had to say about Jews), they will hide it to win souls. The information is out there Trevor. You just have to research. Look online. Some of the best information is NOT stored in a book ;).

Where in the bible does it say that John was a pillar?

If Polycarp and the crew were direct students of the Apostles themselves, and the Apostles kept Torah, then why does history NOT record these men keeping it?

Is Torah keeping recorded in the books of Polycarp, Ignatius, and the rest of the crew?
All I here is blah blah blah, because you haven't even looked into who they are and what they said. We already know about Luther's anti-Semitics, as well as Constantine's. We already know about the other Apostolic Fathers as well! You are STILL not saying anything that we do not teach! You are STILL not bringing anything new to the table. This and more are common info given in Church history classes if you ever checked up on it.

Now, you say you were a Christian for 10 years? Are you sure? What Church were you apart of that didn't school you to the truth and left you like this? What happened that caused you to turn away?
Trevor,

all you have to say.. HMMM?
Simply because you haven't said ANYTHING worth while yet.....

You don't even know that Apostle John was a pillar of the Church!!!

Galatians 2:9 "And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision."

Did you miss John in that verse? You also said something that is outright stupid: "The information is out there Trevor. You just have to research. Look online. Some of the best information is NOT stored in a book" I guarantee that if its on the net, then it is also in history books. I have learned this stuff not but cut-n-paste & copy off the net, but I have read the books on it. I did the research my friend.
Trevor,

Brother, you said that you already know these things? Ok, so why continue to be ignorant and rebellious, and not wanting to return home from Babylon? Must you be like Lot's wife that run from the place of sin, but look back, because the desire was there to go back?

Will you be like the Israelites, knowing that you are in captivity, but refuse to stay true to HaShem? If you know what these guys have done and believed, then why do you support it?

COME OUT OF BABYLON! No offense, but, you spent time in prison. And it leaded you right into another prison, which supports anti-torah, anti-semitism, and rebellion. COME OUT OF BABYLON! Come home, Trevor.

Shalom
Trevor,

HaShem clearly told Abraham that He will bless those that bless him, and curse those that curse him. Why are you following a crowd of "Church fathers" who always cursed Abraham's seed?
Did I say that I support their actions? I do not consider myself a Lutheran at all. We have a totally different outlook.
Anthony,

Interesting, you and Trevor are preaching a different Christ than what the Apostles knew. The Messiah of the bible walked in His father's teaching. Them that teach a different Messiah are really cursed. Why are you disobedient, Anthony? COME OUT OF BABYLON!
You're right Bro. Watson, and I did that last night........

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service