Is The Trinity Biblical?
From the Christian Research Institute
www.equip.org
The Trinity is a basic doctrine of orthodox Christianity. Yet the word "Trinity" is not found anywhere in the Bible. Is the doctrine of the Trinity really biblical?
The doctrine of the Trinity says that there is one All Mighty One (God) who exists eternally as three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I can assure you that the elements of this doctrine are all taken directly from the Bible.
The first plank of the Trinitarian platform is that there is only one All Mighty One (God). The Bible could not be more explicit on this point, which it states explicitly about two dozen times. In Isaiah 44:8 Yahweh (The LORD) says that even He does not know of any other (mighty ones)gods!
Yahshua (Jesus) often spoke of the All Mighty One (God) as His Father, and the apostles frequently spoke of "the Almighty One (God) the Father." But the New Testament also insists that Yahshua (Jesus) is The Almighty One (God). For example, Thomas acknowledged Yahshua (Jesus) as, "My Lord(master) and my Almighty One (God)" (John 20:28), and both Peter and Paul spoke of Yahshua (Jesus) as "our All Mighty One (God) and Savior" (2 Pet. 1:1; Tit. 2:13). Yet the New Testament also makes the distinction between the Father and the Son as two very different persons. In fact they tell us that they love one another, speak to each other, and seek to glorify each other (e.g., John 17: 1-26).
The Old Testament refers often to the Holy Spirit as The Almighty One (God) at work in the world, without distinction from the Father. But Yahshua (Jesus) in John 14 to 16 explained that this Holy Spirit would be sent by the Father at the Messiah’s (Christ's) request. The Holy Spirit would teach and guide the disciples, not speaking on His own initiative, but speaking on the Messiah’s 9Christ's) behalf and glorifying The messiah (Christ). Thus, the Holy Spirit is revealed by The Messiah (Christ) to be a third person distinct from the Father and distinct from the Son.
In short, the doctrine of the Trinity is completely and totally biblical, and it is essential that all the Followers of the Messiah Yahshua (Christians) give assent to this doctrine.

Views: 1280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are not making sense Brother. The holy Spirit is the angel Gabriel. He is the messenger angel. You must know the protocol of the godhead, and I know you don't. There is 2 in the Godhead, The father, and the Son. The father has never dealt with us, and Jesus is the God of the old testament, and new. I can prove it through the scriptures. John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Stupid comentary: In the beginning, or the beginning of creation was the word or Jesus, and the word or Jesus was with God or the Father, and the word or Jesus was God. The same one in the beginning with God or the Father, all things were made by him. Is that not clear?

John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Stupid comentary: He was in the world, Jesus was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. Did not the Jews believe he was a blasphemer because Jesus preached that he was the Son of God? So they knew him not. The ones who believe when they saw him said " hosanna" which is to say, save now. Is that not clear?

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Stupid comentary: The word was made flesh. did we not read that the word was with God, and he was made flesh. hmmmm. who was made flesh? is that not clear?

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Stupid comentary: Ohhh so we have never seen the Father, and Jesus declared that there was a Father. Is that not clear?

This is why I say the things I say in these posts because the scriptures are clear, but people want to make them to fit what they think, and how they think the Father works. bottom line. You may not want to admit it, but I know in your mind, you know that these scriptures are clear. I may never know you understand this, but I know you do in your heart.
Hez,

Gabriel is the Holy Spirit? Where do you retrieve that understanding from?
The Bible. Do you want me to give you the scriptures?
Hez,

Yes, I'd like to see the scriptures achi.
I will get them to you. I have been setting up for the Feats of the Memorail Blowing of the Trumpets.
I will bring you the scriptures. There are many. You have to read line upon line.
Chaplain Pat Harris, THESE ARE SOME VERSES THAT ENOCH SPOKE AND JESUS QUOTED:

Matthew 5:5 "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
quoted from
Enoch vi 9 "The elect shall possess light, joy, and peace, and they shall inherit the earth."

Matthew 24:7,21,22,29,30 "There shall be famines and earthquakes in divers places ... great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved. ... Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven. ... Then shall the tribes of the earth mourn; and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory."
quoted from
Enoch lxxix "In the days of sinners the years shall be shortened, ... and every thing done on earth shall be subverted and disappear in its season. ... In those days the fruits of the earth shall not flourish in their season, ... heaven shall stand still. The moon shall change its laws, and not be seen at its proper period; ... and all the classes of the stars shall be shut up against sinners."
Enoch lxi 9 "And trouble shall seize them when they shall behold the Son of Woman sitting upon the throne of his glory."

Matthew 25:31,32 "Then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory; and before him shall be gathered all nations; and he shall separate them one from another."
John 14:2 "In my father's house are many habitations."
quoted from
Enoch xiv 3 "In that day shall the Elect One sit upon a throne of glory, and shall choose their conditions and countless habitations."

http://www.stargods.org/EnochQuoted.htm
http://www.stargods.org/EnochQuoted2.htm
There are more verse that JESUS and the Apostles quoted or referred to in this sight and others like it.

Bro. Watson, I truly believe that when they were choosing these books, they were not fully trusting the guidance of the HOLY SPIRIT which He gives in the form of the Apostolic and the Prophetic. In these same Synods that chose the books for the "closed Canon of scripture", they also gave some ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS judgments for the Church to adhere to. No place in scripture did it indicate that the Canon was closed, so I am frustrated by this very notion of a closed Canon.

The Book of Enoch was extant centuries before the birth of Christ and yet is considered by many to be more Christian in its theology than Jewish. It was considered scripture by many early Christians. The earliest literature of the so-called "Church Fathers" is filled with references to this mysterious book. The early second century "Epistle of Barnabus" makes much use of the Book of Enoch. Second and Third Century "Church Fathers" like Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Origin and Clement of Alexandria all make use of the Book of Enoch. Tertullian (160-230 C.E) even called the Book of Enoch "Holy Scripture". The Ethiopic Church even added the Book of Enoch to its official canon. It was widely known and read the first three centuries after Christ. This and many other books became discredited after the Council of Laodicea. And being under ban of the authorities, afterwards it gradually passed out of circulation.

At about the time of the Protestant Reformation, there came to be a renewed interest in the Book of Enoch which had long since been lost to the modern world. By the late 1400's rumors began to spread that somewhere a copy of the long lost Book of Enoch might still exist. During this time many books arose claiming to be the long lost book and were later found to be forgeries.

The return of the long lost Book of Enoch to the modern western world is credited to the famous explorer James Bruce, who in 1773 returned from six years in Abyssinia with three Ethiopic copies of the lost book. In 1821 Richard Laurence published the first English translation. The famous R.H. Charles edition was published in 1912 (interesting that at the same time, the outpouring of the HOLY SPIRIT was being given at Azuza).

We often speak of the famous Dead Sea Scrolls. Did you or any of you know that the Book of Enoch had more manuscripts within the caves than almost every other book found there with the exceptions of Deuteronomy and Psalms?

Books Ranked According to Number of Manuscripts found (top 16)
Books ↓ No. found ↓
Psalms 39
Deuteronomy 33
1 Enoch 25
Genesis 24
Isaiah 22
Jubilees 21
Exodus 18
Leviticus 17
Numbers 11
Minor Prophets 10
Daniel 8
Jeremiah 6
Ezekiel 6
Job 6
1 & 2 Samuel 4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Sea_scrolls
Did you know that you are a descendant of the Jews, and Israelites as a whole?
Hez,

Are you saying that because he's black?
Yes because if he was born in this hemisphere. He is an Israelite.
Hez,

You do know that that's not historically accurate?
That is historically accurate. If they have slave blood in them, they are Israelites. This was a conspiracy between Edom, the Gentiles, and Ishmael. The gentiles were going to be the slave masters. Edom would provide the money, and Ishamel would keep up the world probs. There has been a conspiracy since 70ad, but the Lord is the one who called it in Deuteronomy 28

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service