Is The Trinity Biblical?
From the Christian Research Institute
www.equip.org
The Trinity is a basic doctrine of orthodox Christianity. Yet the word "Trinity" is not found anywhere in the Bible. Is the doctrine of the Trinity really biblical?
The doctrine of the Trinity says that there is one All Mighty One (God) who exists eternally as three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I can assure you that the elements of this doctrine are all taken directly from the Bible.
The first plank of the Trinitarian platform is that there is only one All Mighty One (God). The Bible could not be more explicit on this point, which it states explicitly about two dozen times. In Isaiah 44:8 Yahweh (The LORD) says that even He does not know of any other (mighty ones)gods!
Yahshua (Jesus) often spoke of the All Mighty One (God) as His Father, and the apostles frequently spoke of "the Almighty One (God) the Father." But the New Testament also insists that Yahshua (Jesus) is The Almighty One (God). For example, Thomas acknowledged Yahshua (Jesus) as, "My Lord(master) and my Almighty One (God)" (John 20:28), and both Peter and Paul spoke of Yahshua (Jesus) as "our All Mighty One (God) and Savior" (2 Pet. 1:1; Tit. 2:13). Yet the New Testament also makes the distinction between the Father and the Son as two very different persons. In fact they tell us that they love one another, speak to each other, and seek to glorify each other (e.g., John 17: 1-26).
The Old Testament refers often to the Holy Spirit as The Almighty One (God) at work in the world, without distinction from the Father. But Yahshua (Jesus) in John 14 to 16 explained that this Holy Spirit would be sent by the Father at the Messiah’s (Christ's) request. The Holy Spirit would teach and guide the disciples, not speaking on His own initiative, but speaking on the Messiah’s 9Christ's) behalf and glorifying The messiah (Christ). Thus, the Holy Spirit is revealed by The Messiah (Christ) to be a third person distinct from the Father and distinct from the Son.
In short, the doctrine of the Trinity is completely and totally biblical, and it is essential that all the Followers of the Messiah Yahshua (Christians) give assent to this doctrine.

Views: 1280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"TRINITY" IS TOTAL HERESY!!!!!

THIS IS WHAT THE HOLY BIBLE TRULY TEACHES

The Bible teaches that there is ONE GOD:

-Deuteronomy 4 :35,39, 6 :4, 10 :17-18.
-Isaiah 41 :4, 43 :10-13, 44 :6-8, 24, 45 :5-6, 46 :9, 48 :12.
-Revelation 1 :8 ,17-18,22 :13.
-Exodus 20 :3 ; Joshua 22 :22 ; Jude 25 ; James 2 :19 ; 1Timothy 1 :17 ; 1 Corinthians 8 :6 ; Ephesians 4 :5-6 ; Galatians 3:20 ; Mark 12 :29 , 32 ; Romans 3 :30.

Not question of multiplicity of people in the eternally single God(Yahweh). No!

But, WHO is the FATHER to whom Jesus used to refer?

Indeed, “Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.”

John 14:8-11

Question: “Lord, show us the Father?”

Answer: “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not
known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the
Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do
you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father
in Me?”

Amen!

Do you see two people?

The Bible declares that He who has seen Jesus has seen the Father:

« And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me”.

John 12:45

Why ?

Simply because Jesus Himself said :

“I and My Father are one.”

John 10:30

Jesus and His Father are not two “Gods” but one God, one Person. You need to have a revelation to understand this.

This is the reason why Brother Paul said:

“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh…” (1Timothy 3:16).

Jesus said: « Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me”.

John 14:6

He didn’t say “no one goes to the Father” but He said “no one comes to the Father”

Do you understand the Holy Scriptures? May God enlighten you so that you can see that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself:

“ that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation”.

2 Corinthians 5:19

This is the reason why the Bible declares:

“No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

John 1:18

Indeed, Immanuel,God with us (Matthew 1: 23) bore the name of Jesus-Christ and it is by this physical body in which He was incarnated that He offered the sacrifice which erased all our iniquities. He had never sinned, but the punishment which gives us peace fell on Him. It is because the man, in his body of flesh fell into the sin and by that was (condemned) delivered to death, that The Almighty God(YAHWEH), the Redeemer came in the same form in which lives the sin(Hebrews 2:17).

Let us see His promise in the Old Testament:

“Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you." Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped.Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy. Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert.”

Isaiah 35:3-6

Let us see the fulfilment (achievement) of that promise in the New Testament:

“Then the disciples of John reported to him concerning all these things. And John, calling two of his disciples to him, sent them to Jesus, saying, “Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?”

When the men had come to Him, they said, “John the Baptist has sent us to You, saying, ‘Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?’” And that very hour He cured many of infirmities, afflictions, and evil spirits; and to many blind He gave sight.
Jesus answered and said to them, “Go and tell John the things you have seen and heard: that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, the poor have the gospel preached to them. And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me.”

Luke 7:18-23; Matthew 11:1-5

When John the Baptist Sends Messengers to Jesus in order to ask Him if He were the Coming One, did Jesus answered “Yes”? No, He didn’t.
Jesus simply asked John The Baptist to refer to what the Prophets wrote about Him in The Old Testament. Please read Isaiah 61:1-3 and Luke 4:16-21.

“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever”.

Hebrews 13:8

The Savior in the Old Testament (Yahweh) is the same one in the New Testament (Jesus). The Almighty God, our Redeemer made the promise in the old alliance and He came indeed in a body of flesh, bore the name “Jesus-Christ” to achieve the work of redemption in the new alliance.

Up to that point I have not discovered two distinct people yet but there is the same God, the Father who took the attribute of Son in order to achieve the work of redemption(Acts 4:12).

Jesus was without sin (1 Peter 1: 19), but He was made sinned for us, so that we became in Him justice of God (2 Corinthians 5:21).

The will of God was to pull off the sinful creation from its state of sin (Galatians 3: 13). All those which believe in the doctrines of the trinity lost the revelation of the single God Who was manifested in the Old Testament like the Father, appeared in the Gospels as a Son (Jesus), and appeared in the book of the Acts of the Apostles as the Holy Spirit.

Actually, they are only three dispensations of same God:

1) God above us

2) God with us

3) God in us

“one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all”.

Ephesians 4:5-6

It is not a question of two or three people, but one glorious character, marvelously revealed (Hebrews 1: 1-3).

Indeed, the Father and the Son do not constitute two distinct people. The Father is God and the Son is the flesh or the Man in whom God dwelt with a view to achieve the work of redemption (Luke 1:35).

The belief in two or three distinct people in the Divinity is an idolatry, it is polytheism. The Spirit of God was always expressed through the Prophets and the Apostles to reveal the supreme deity of Jesus-Christ and to attest that there is one God.

It is not that there are three gods or three people, but God in three functions. There is only one God with three titles: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Indeed, all the expressions: Faithful Witness, He who is, He who was and He who is to come, First born from the dead, the Rose of Sharon, the Lily of the valley, Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star, Alpha and the Omega, the Almighty, Immanuel, Counsellor, Prince of peace, Savior, Powerful God, the lion of the tribe of Judah, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, are titles and descriptions of the only one God namely our Lord Jesus-Christ:

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name is called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace”.

Isaiah 9:6

Amen!

Trinity is not scriptural. I do agree with Brother William Marrion Branham when he said: How can three people be only one God? Not only, there is no biblical passage which supports this, but that indicates even a gap of reasoning. Three distinct people, although identical in their substance make three gods or the language does not have any more a sense!

Jesus is not a small god beside His Father. But Jesus is the true God and eternal life (1 John 5:20).

Jesus is the Almighty God:

“Behold, he comes with the clouds, and every eye shall see him, and they which have pierced him, and all the tribes of the land shall wail because of him. Yea. Amen. I am the Alpha and the Omega, saith the Lord God, he who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty”.

Revelation 1:7-8

Who was the Father of Jesus?

The Bible declares in Matthew 1:18 that Mary, the mother of Jesus was pregnant by the virtue of the Holy Spirit.

But our Lord Jesus supports that God is His Father (John 14: 7-13).

If, according to the trinity doctrine, the Holy Spirit and the Father make two distinct people, then would Jesus have had two Fathers? No!

Indeed, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, are titles and descriptions of the only one God namely our Lord Jesus-Christ.

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ, please, be careful for the Bible declares:

“Hereby ye know the Spirit of God: every spirit which confesses Jesus Christ come in flesh is of God; and every spirit which does not confess Jesus Christ come in flesh is not of God: and this is that power of the antichrist, of which ye have heard that it comes, and now it is already in the world.

1 John 4:2-3

Be careful!!!

II – TO WHOM THEN WILL YE LIKEN GOD? AND WHAT
LIKENESS WILL YE COMPARE UNTO HIM?(Isaiah 40:18)

“TO WHOM THEN WILL YE LIKEN ME, OR SHALL I BE
EQUAL? SAITH THE HOLY ONE”( Isaiah 40:25)

As for His nature, God(Yahweh) is Spirit (John 4: 24). As a Spirit, no one has seen Him (John 1: 18). This is why He is called “invisible God” (1Timothy 1: 17, 6: 16).

Those who saw God in the Old Testament saw Him in the form of the Eternal (Yahweh) and those who want to see Him in the New Testament must see Him in the form of the Lord Jesus, as Immanuel, God with us (Matthew 1: 23).

Thus, the Father appeared in the Son. God is Spirit and He came as a Lord in a human body.

This is the reason why all the names or attributes which we find in connection with God, we also find them in connection with the Lord Jesus.

A - THE SPIRIT

1- God (YAHWEH) is Spirit.

John 4: 24, Isaiah 63: 10-14.

2- Jesus-Christ is also Spirit

2 Corinthians 3: 17.

It is here about the same God (Yahweh), the same Spirit, the Holy Spirit!!!

The Bible declares:

« They made their hearts as hard as flint and would not listen to the law or to the words that the LORD Almighty had sent by his Spirit through the earlier prophets. So the LORD Almighty was very angry”.

Zechariah 7:12

It was the same Spirit Who led the Man Jesus into the desert to be tempted by the devil (Matthew 4:1). It was the same Spirit Who anointed the Man Jesus(Acts 10:38). It was the same Spirit Who dwelt inside the Man Jesus. The Almighty God was in the Man Jesus in order to save us.

B- THE REDEEMER AND SAVIOR

1- God (YAHWEH) is the single Redeemer and Savior

- Isaiah 35: 4; 63: 16; 44: 6, 24; 48:17; 43: 3, 11,14; 45: 21; 47: 4; 49: 26;
- Psalm 78: 34-35; 106: 21;
- Luke 1: 46-47; 1Timothy 4: 10, 2: 3; Titus 3: 4; - Daniel 6: 26-27; Zechariah 12: 7; Jude 25.

2- Jesus-Christ is also the single Redeemer and Savior

-1John 4: 14; Luke 24: 21, 2: 10-11; Philippians 3: 20; Titus 1:
4; Galatians 3: 13;
-1 Peter 1: 10-11, 2: 21-24;
- Acts 20: 28, 13: 23; Hebrews 7: 25;
- John 4: 40-42, 12: 47; Matthew 1: 21.
- Zechariah 9:9

There are not two Redeemers and Saviors (in one hand Jesus, a small god, the Son, and in other hand His Father, Yahweh, the Great God).No!
All the Scriptures above speak about the same Almighty God Who is the single Redeemer and Savior. His name revealed in the New Testament is Jesus-Christ!!!

Let us see it:

“And Jehovah shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem be not magnified over Judah”.

Zechariah 12:7

“And I will pour upon the house of David and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem the spirit of grace and of supplications; and they shall look on me whom they pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for an only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn”.

Zechariah 12:10

Jehovah, the Savior in the Old Testament is the Firstborn; the savior in the New Testament Who has been pierced, namely Jesus-Christ (Luke 24:39-41, Revelation 1:7).

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name is called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace”.

Let us see it again:

“bondmen to be subject to their own masters, to make themselves acceptable in everything; not gainsaying; not robbing [their masters], but shewing all good fidelity, that they may adorn the teaching which is of our Saviour God in all things”.

Titus 2:9-10

The Bible declares that God is our Savior. What does it say about Jesus?

“awaiting the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all lawlessness, and purify to himself a peculiar people, zealous for good works”.

Titus 2:13-14

Jesus is not a small god beside Yahweh the great God, but Jesus Himself is our great God and Savior. Yahweh, the Savior in the Old Testament is Jesus the Savior in the New Testament Insofar as there are not two gods or two saviors. Amen!

Please, answer this question:

“To whom then will ye liken God? and what likeness will ye compare unto him?

Isaiah 40:18

God is one!!!!

Our great God and Saviour is Jesus Christ!!!

“and almost all things are purified with blood according to the law, and without blood-shedding there is no remission.”

Hebrews 9:22

God being Spirit, It was necessary that He formed a body of flesh, having blood, for sacrifice which erased all our iniquities (Hebrews 9: 11-15, 10: 4-5).
“For blood of bulls and goats is incapable of taking away sins. Wherefore coming into the world he says, Sacrifice and offering thou willedst not; but thou hast prepared me a body”.

Hebrews 10:4-6

Jesus is God manifested in Flesh in order to save us. Amen!

C - THE CREATOR

1 – God (Yahweh) is the single Creator

- Genesis 1: 1, 2: 7; Job 38: 4, 33: 4; Zechariah 12: 1;
- Psalm 102: 26, 3: 6, 104: 30;
- Isaiah 40: 28, 44: 24, 45: 9-11,18;
- Malachi 2: 10, Nehemiah 9: 6; John 1: 1-5;
- Revelation 14: 7, 10: 6, 4: 11; Ephesians 3: 8-9.

2 -Jesus-Christ is also the single Creator

-John 1: 10; Colossians 1: 12-17; Revelation 21: 5-6.

There are not two creators or two people of a certain trinity who could be creators. The biblical passages above deal with the single God who is the Creator of the Heathen and the Earth, and His name is Jesus-Christ.

Let us see it!

“yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom all things, and we for him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.”

1 Corinthians 8:6

Do you see two creators or two different people here?
The single God, the Father, is the Lord Jesus-Christ by Whom are all things. Amen!

D – THE SHEPHERD

1- God (Yahweh) is the single Shepherd

-Psalm 23: 1, 100: 3, 28: 9;
-Isaiah 40: 10-11.

2 - Jesus-Christ is the single Shepherd

- John 10: 8-16; 1 Peter 2: 21-25, 5: 4;
- Hebrews 13: 20.

There is only one herd and only one Shepherd, He is our God, our Lord and savior Jesus-Christ.

E-THE ROCK

1- God (Yahweh) is the single Rock

- Isaiah 44: 8, 17: 10;
- Psalm 18: 2-3, 28: 8, 31: 3-4, 42: 10, 78: 35, 89: 27;
-1Samuel 2: 2; 2 Samuel 22: 32;
- Deuteronomy 32: 14.

2- Jesus-Christ is the single Rock

- Isaiah 28: 16; Numbers 20: 11;
-1 Corinthians 10: 4; Acts 4: 11
-12; Ephesians 2: 20; - Matthew 16: 17-19; 1 Peter 2: 6-8.

There is only one Rock, it is our God and our Lord Jesus- Christ:
“and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they drank of a spiritual rock which followed them: now the rock was the Christ;”
1 Corinthians 10:4

Amen!

F- THE FIRST AND THE LAST

1 – God (Yahweh) is the First and the Last

- Isaiah 41: 4, 43: 10-13, 44: 6, 48: 12.

2 - Jesus-Christ is the First and the Last

- Revelation 1: 7-8, 17-18, 22: 13, 21: 6;
- Hebrews 13: 8

Do you see here two distinct, coequal and coeternal Gods?

The Bible is formal:

« And the LORD shall be King over all the earth. In that day it shall be- “The LORD is one,”And His name one”.

Zechariah 14:9

“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one”

Deuteronomy 6:4

G - THE KING

1- God (Yahweh) is the single King

- Psalm 44: 5, 47: 7-10, 74: 12;
- Isaiah 6: 5,43: 15, 44: 6;
- Zechariah 14: 9; Jeremiah 10: 10.

2- Jesus-Christ is the single King

- Matthew 2: 1-6, 27: 11;
- Luke 19: 38, 23: 3; Mark 15: 2; John 18: 33-36, 19: 21-22; 1 Timothy 6: 13-16;
- Revelation 1: 5, 15: 3-4, 19: 16, 17: 14;
- Zechariah 9: 9.

If God (Yahweh) is the everlasting King (Jeremiah 10: 10) and that Jesus-Christ is the King of the kings (Revelation 19:16), are we in the presence of two distinct people, two distinct Kings?
Can we have two distinct Kings, reigning in the Heaven and on the Earth? No!

There is only one God and only one King: He is Jesus-Christ. Indeed, “He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things” (Ephesians 4: 10)
Besides, the Bible declares:

“And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth”.

Matthew 28: 18

H – THE “I AM”

1-God(Yahweh) is known as: “I am He”

- Exodus 3: 13-14; Isaiah 43: 10-11, 25.

2 - Jesus-Christ is known as: “I am He”

- John 18: 5 – 8; 8: 24, 57-59; 9: 35-38; 13: 13;
- Revelation1: 7-8, 17,18;
- Luke 23: 3

God (Yahweh) alone is known as “I Am”. It is Jesus-Christ!!!
“Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by”.

John 8:57-59

I – HE WHO IS TO COME

1- God(Yahweh) is the One Who is to come

- Isaiah 40: 3-5; Psalm 50: 1-6; Zechariah 14: 3-5;

2- Jesus-Christ is the one Who is to come

-1 Thessalonians 3: 11-13, 4: 13-18; Revelation 19: 11-16;
- Malachi 3: 1; Matthew 25: 31-46; Revelation 1: 7-8.

There are not two or three distinct people who are to come. But we are “looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,”

Titus 2: 13

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
"Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
"I, JESUS, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

Revelation 22:13-16

JESUS is not a small god beside Yahweh, but He is our great God and Savior! He is Yahweh Himself manifested in the flesh in order to save us! Amen!

J - THE HUSBAND

1- God (Yahweh) is our Husband

“For your Maker is your husband, The LORD of hosts is His name; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel; He is called the God of the whole earth. For the LORD has called you. Like a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, Like a youthful wife when you were refused,” Says your God. “For a mere moment I have forsaken you, But with great mercies I will gather you”.

Isaiah 54: 5-7

2- Jesus-Christ is our Husband

- Acts 2: 19-20; Revelation 21: 9.

There is only one bride (the Church of Jesus-Christ) and also only one Husband: Yahweh manifested in flesh (Jesus-Christ), otherwise, we would be in the presence of an obvious case of polyandry.

III- THE MAN CHRIST JESUS

Any Christian must confess that Jesus is the Son of God (John 3:16, 5:17-18; Matthew 26:63-64, 16:16; 3:17; 1 John 4:15).
But, in this precise case we refer only to THE MAN CHRIST JESUS:

“For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,”

1 Timothy 2:5

As a true Man, Jesus could eat, drink, sleep, tire and even weep (John 11: 35).
As a true Man, He died, but as God (Yahweh) He raised Himself up: “Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

John 2: 19

The Almighty God took the form of a Man. And this body of Flesh which He called his Son is the Mediator between Him and the men.
Thus, as a true Man He could feel asleep (Luke 8:23), but as God (Yahweh), Jesus-Christ could walk on the sea (Matthew 14:24-26), rebuke the wind and the raging of the water (Luke 8: 24-25):

“But He said to them, “Where is your faith?” And they were afraid, and marveled, saying to one another, “Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!”

Luke 8:25

Jesus Christ is the Almighty God!

As God (Yahweh), He could rebuke unclean spirits, drive out the demons, heal the sicks: indeed, The Bible declares:

“And as he was still coming, the demon threw him down and convulsed him. Then Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, healed the child, and gave him back to his father. And they were all amazed at the majesty of God” (Luke 9:42-43).

Jesus is the Almighty God!

As God (Yahweh) He cold forgive sins:

« And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, “Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

Luke 5:21, Luke 7:49

As God (Yahweh), He could open eyes of His Disciples and vanish from their sight
(Luke 24:31).

As God (Yahweh) He is omniscient and omnipresent (Luke 19:29-35; Luke 22:10-13).

As God (Yahweh), Jesus “…had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.”

John 2:25

“then hear from heaven Your dwelling place, and forgive, and give to everyone according to all his ways, whose heart You know (for You alone know the hearts of the sons of men),”

2 Chronicles 6:30

Jesus is the Almighty God. Amen!

As God (Yahweh) He could enter a house doors of which were shut (without opening the doors) (John 20: 19),

As God (Yahweh), He could appear in the Sky in the form of light and shine around Saul (Acts 9: 1-5),

As God (Yahweh) He escape while passing through the midst of Jews without those being able to capture Him before the indicated time (Luke 4: 29-30).
The living God (Yahweh) in a body of flesh could say:

“Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” (John 8: 58).
« Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God”.

John 5:18

“The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

John 10:33

A Man (Son of God), but making Himself God (God manifested in flesh).

Jesus is the Almighty God! Amen!

If these Jews had the revelation of the real nature of our Lord Jesus-Christ, they would have understood that He was called Son of God as a Man, a body of flesh, but He made Himself God because He is God manifested in the flesh, Immanuel, God with us(Matthew 1:23).

There are not two people here. There are not two or three gods but two attributes of same God (Yahweh) here.

Paul received the revelation about the real nature of Jesus-Christ. This is why he said:

“looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,”

Titus 2:13

Thomas also understood that and said to Jesus Christ: “My Lord and my God!” (John 20: 28).

“Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

(John 20:29)

O Blessed are you if you believe that Jesus is the Almighty God. Amen!

Brother Peter said:

« that word you know, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee after the baptism which John preached: how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him”.

Acts 10:37-38

Moreover, it is written:
« You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

Hebrews 1:9

« God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit”, “God was with Him”, “Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You”.

All these phrases above do not mean that there are two Gods. God who is spirit was in the man Jesus-Christ, reconciling the world to Himself (2 Corinthians 5:19).

Indeed, God is one. The Bible is monotheist(Isaiah 45:5;18). All those who believe that there are two Gods are polytheists.

Jesus is not a small god beside the great God Yahweh, but He is God manifested in the flesh. In Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily” (Colossians 2:8-9).
Amen!

God of the Old Testament is Jesus-Christ of the New Testament. Didn’t Isaiah prophesy about the divinity of Jesus? Let us see it!

« For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace”.

Don't you believe that the Son is the same one who is called Our Heavenly Father? Do you see two distinct people here? It is the same person who has the attributes of Father, Son, Mighty God, Counselor, Wonderful, Holy Spirit etc.
“And the Angel of the LORD said to him, “Why do you ask My name, seeing it is wonderful?”

Judges 13:18

His name is Jesus-Christ, the Almighty God who attested in front of the Jews that Moses had written of Him:

« For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” (John 5: 46 - 47).
Consequently, when suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
(Matthew 3: 17), that does not mean that God and the Man Jesus are two distinct people separate from one another.
Indeed, Jesus said:

« Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves”. (John 14: 11). In Jesus dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

However, it is not because God was fully in Jesus-Christ that He could not act any more everywhere.

Indeed, Our Lord fills Heaven and Earth (Jeremiah 23: 24; Isaiah 66: 1; Psalm 139: 7-10).

Moreover, Heaven and the Heaven of Heavens cannot contain God (2 Chronicles 6: 18).

God is omnipresent! Being on the Earth, He spoke from the Heaven:
“You came down also on Mount Sinai, And spoke with them from heaven, And gave them just ordinances and true laws, Good statutes and commandments” (Nehemiah 9: 13).

Moreover, Jesus at the right hand of God does not mean that God and Jesus are two distinct people sat one beside the other(side by side) on a throne in the Heaven, both remaining there for eternity and eternity (Acts 2: 33, 7: 56; Matthew 26: 64; Psalm 110: 1; Hebrews 12: 2).

This wiew is ridiculous and non scriptural. The right hand is a symbolic term which means “CAPACITY AND AUTHORITY”.
Jesus said that All authority has been given to Him in Heaven and on Earth (Matthew 28: 18).

Indeed, when God (Yahweh) became a Man (in Jesus) He achieves all His powerful works thanks to the capacity and the authority of this Man, Jesus (1 Timothy 2: 5).
All authority has been given to Him in Heaven and on Earth.
Consequently, Jesus at the right hand of God means that he is the power of God:
This is the reason why Brother Paul said:
« but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God” (1Corinthians 1: 23-24).
Let us see some examples of the symbolic use of the the phrase: “Right hand”

- « Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth, And My right hand has stretched out the heavens; When I call to them, They stand up together”.

Isaiah 48:13

- “I have set the LORD always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved”.

Psalm 16:8

-“For He shall stand at the right hand of the poor, To save him from those who condemn him”.

Psalm 109:31

- “If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me”.

Psalm 139:9-10

- “My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me”.

Psalm 63:8

- “For David says concerning Him: I foresaw the LORD always before my face, For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken”.

Acts 2:25

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ, in the Heaven, on the Throne, there are not two or three people seated side by side. There is only one person sitting on the Throne. He is Jesus-Christ, the true God and eternal Life (1John 5: 20).

Please, CONSIDER the link below:

http://www.blackpreachingnetwork.com/forum/topics/916966:Topic:159914

Blessings,

Bro. Germain
It is clear that you do not even understand English,
I will try it yet again: In Isaiah 48:16 and 61:1, the Son is speaking while making reference to the Father and the Holy Spirit. Compare Isaiah 61:1 to Luke 4:14-19 to see that it is the Son speaking. Matthew 3:16-17 describes the event of Jesus' baptism. Seen in this passage is God the Holy Spirit descending on God the Son while God the Father proclaims His pleasure in the Son. Matthew 28:19 and 2 Corinthians 13:14 are examples of three distinct persons in the Trinity.
The members of the Trinity are distinguished one from another in various passages. In the Old Testament, “LORD” is distinguished from “Lord” (Genesis 19:24; Hosea 1:4). The LORD has a Son (Psalm 2:7, 12; Proverbs 30:2-4). The Spirit is distinguished from the “LORD” (Numbers 27:18) and from “God” (Psalm 51:10-12). God the Son is distinguished from God the Father (Psalm 45:6-7; Hebrews 1:8-9). In the New Testament, Jesus speaks to the Father about sending a Helper, the Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17). This shows that Jesus did not consider Himself to be the Father or the Holy Spirit. Consider also all the other times in the Gospels where Jesus speaks to the Father. Was He speaking to Himself? No. He spoke to another person in the Trinity—the Father.
As I did above I gave you every passage for you to read. Do it
Spiritually blind men, please take time to read all my messages even if my English is not excellent enough.

Please, read my insightful messages so that your eyes can be opened to the truth!

Indeed, Jesus said:

“And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever- the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

“A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you”.

John 14:16-20

“…At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you”

It is the same Holy Spirit of God who lives in the believers:

Our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19).

Moreover, the Bible says:

“And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

Ephesians 2:22

God lives in us by His Holy Spirit, and the Spirit of God can never be a PERSON distinct, separate from Him!

This is the reason why the Bible says that the Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3-4), not the third PERSON OF THE TRINITY, BUT GOD HIMSELF. GOD IS SIPIRIT (John 4:24).

In the same way the Son, the Man Jesus is an other manifestation of the same God (1 Timothy 3:16), not a second PERSON of the trinity.

The man Jesus is called the Son of God, but He is an other manifestation of the same God. His is not an other person but the same Person, God Who is Spirit has been revealed in a body of flesh in order to save us.

This is the reason why the Bible says that “No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him”.

John 1:18

“In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe”.

Hebrews 1:1-2

Yahweh of the old Testament is Jesus-Christ in the New Testament.

Those who saw God in the Old Testament saw Him in the form of Eternal (Yahweh) and those who want to see Him in New Testament have to see Him in the form of the lord Jesus, as Emmanuel, God with us (Matthew 1 :23).

Truly speaking, THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT REPRESENT ONE PERSON: JESUS CHRIST.

The Son lives in the Father. The son lives in us and the Father lives in us. But we are inhabited by one Spirit, the Holy Spirit, Christ, the Almighty God (2 Corinthians 3: 17, Isaiah 63: 10).

JESUS SAID: “HE WHO SEES ME SEES HIM WHO SENT ME.” (John 12:45)

Indeed, God is Spirit (John 4: 24), consequently, He is invisible (1Timithy 6:16; 1:17; Exodus 33:20).

This is why the Bible declares:

“If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?”

1 John 4: 20

However, in the Old Testament, several people have seen God.
For example:

- Abraham had seen God (Yahweh). He had seen three Men. One of them was the LORD manifested in the flesh. The Almighty GOD took a body of flesh and ate with Abraham (Genesis 18: 1-33). AMEN!

-“Jacob had seen God face to face” (Genesis 32:30) AMEN!

- Moses, Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, had seen the God of Israel. They saw God, and they ate and drank (Exodus 24: 9). AMEN!

- The LORD spoke to Moses face to face, as a Man speaks to his friend (Exodus 33:11). AMEN!

- Gideon had seen the Lord face to face and had conversed with Him (Judges 6: 11-24).

- Manoah said to his wife, “We shall surely die, because we have seen God!” (Judges 13: 22). AMEN!

In conclusion, the same God (YAHWEH) who took a body of flesh, by which He ate and spoke face to face to His servants, formerly, is the same one Who came in the New Testament, bearing the name JESUS. JESUS is the name of the Father through which He saves us today.

Indeed, the Bible doesn’t teach that in Matt 3:16, 17 there were three PERSONS IN ACTION:

THE SON WHO WAS ON EARTH is God manifested in a Body of flesh(1 Timothy 3:16)

THE FATHER WHO WAS IN HEAVEN is God above us(Ephesians 4:5-6)

THE SPIRIT OF GOD DESCENDING LIKE A DOVE: The Spirit of God can not be a Person separate from God.

THERE IS ONE PERSON ON THE THRONE IN HEAVEN?

Was the Heaven empty when God (YAHWEH) took a body of flesh, came down on Earth, ate and spoke face to face to His servants?

Was the Heaven empty when the same God (YAHWEH) took a body of flesh came down on earth in the New Testament, bearing the name JESUS?

No!

"You came down on Mount Sinai; you spoke to them from heaven. You gave them regulations and laws that are just and right, and decrees and commands that are good".

Nehemiah 9:13

As you see, Jesus has a double nature: divine and human:

« What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!”

John 6:62

Before, He was God (Yahweh). He became flesh, Son of Man in order to save us. He ascended where He was before. Then, He appeared to Saul on the Damascus road:

"And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

Acts 9:5

In Heaven, there is Jesus alone. There aren’t two “Gods” (the Father and His son) sitting side by side on the throne. No!

Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit:

“Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty”.

2 Corinthians 3:17

Jesus Christ is Lord. Jesus Christ is God and God is Spirit.

“But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the HOLY SPIRIT and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to GOD.”

Acts 5:3-4

Ananias has lied to the Holy Spirit. Ananias has lied to God (Yahweh).
God (Yahweh) is the Holy Spirit: Please compare Isaiah 6:8-9 to Acts 28:25-27. Yahweh, the Holy Spirit spoke rightly through Isaiah the prophet to our fathers. Amen!
The Bible declares that Mary was found with child of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1:18, Luke 1:35).

This Holy Spirit is Yahweh Himself; this is the reason why the Son (the body of flesh, the man Jesus) Who was born took the name “YAHSHUA” which means: “GOD SAVES”. JAHSHUA is God manifested in the flesh in order to save us.

That Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Christ (Galatians 4:6, Acts 16:7, Philippians 1:19).
That Spirit of Christ was in the Prophets of the Old Testament testifying beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow:

“ Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven - things which angels desire to look into”.

1 Peter 1:10-12

“THE HOLY SPIRIT SENT FROM HEAVEN”! Amen!

Not two, not three people; but only one person (God) appearing in various ways. Amen!

1)Jesus-Christ comes from the Holy Spirit

Matthew 1: 20; Luke 1: 35.

2) Jesus-Christ is the Holy Spirit

2 Corinthians 3: 17; 1 Peter 1: 10-12

3-Jesus-Christ is God(Yahweh)

-John 7: 29; 8: 42; 16: 30; 17: 8; Colossians 1: 15; 2: 9
- John 1: 1-14, 3: 13 ;16: 15, 5: 17-19 ; 8: 58 ; 10: 30 ; 12: 45 ; 20: 28 ; 14: 5-11.
- Mark 10: 18 ; 12: 29.
-1John 1: 2 ; 5: 20.
- Zechariah 12: 1-10; 14: 3-5.
- Isaiah 9: 5-6; Philippians2: 6-8; Romans 9: 5; 1Timothy 3: 16; Titus 2: 13; revelation 4: 8; Hebrews 1: 8-10; Matthew 1: 23.

4) There is one God (Yahweh). Yahweh is the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is Yahweh manifested in the flesh (1Timothy 3:16; John 1:14)
Jesus-Christ (YAHSHUA) is the name of God who saves us. It is a marvellous name, carrying hope. It is the name above all the names.
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever”.

Hebrews 13:8

By deeply examining the texts of Zechariah and Matthew, we see that it is Yahweh who took a body of flesh called Jesus. He promised to come (Zechariah 2: 10-13).

The prophets of the Old Testament had announced is coming (Isaiah 9: 5-6) and wished to see the Messiah: God manifested in flesh (Isaiah 63: 17-19; Psalm 144: 5-7; 1 Peter 1: 10-12).

They prophesied of the grace that would come.
“To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.”

Acts 10:43

In addition, hadn't Isaiah the Prophet already prophesied that the way of the LORD was to be prepared (Isaiah 40: 1-5)?
We realize that, this prophecy has been fulfilled in the New Testament by the ministry of John the Baptist (Matthew 3: 1-3, Malachi 3: 1-18).

Jesus was born with the human nature. He was the visible and divine equation (equality) of the invisible God (Yahweh), by taking the form of a bondservant, while becoming similar to the men:

«who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,”

Philippians 2:6-9

Do you understand the Word of God? “…And being found in appearance as a man…”

God (Yahweh) Who is SPIRIT has been found in appearance as a man (1 Timothy 3:16; John 1:14) and took the name YAHSHUA, namely “GOD SAVES”.

Indeed, Jesus-Christ had a double nature: divine and human. When in front of the tomb of Lazarus, He groaned in the spirit, was troubled and wept, He was similar to the men. He proves thus His humanity (John 11: 35).
However, when a few moments afterwards, He took authority on the death, He was fully God (John 11: 43-44).

His Divinity is thus expressed though the resurrection of Lazarus. Jesus, God manifested in flesh is the Resurrection and the Life. Amen!!!
Besides, God alone knows the thoughts of the hearts. In Jesus-Christ, in his body of flesh, God demonstrated this attribute of understanding of the thoughts (2 Chronicles 6: 30; Matthew 9: 4; Jeremiah 17: 10; Luke 24: 38).

This mystery is really great and happy is the one who can seize it! AMEN!

Who is Jesus who could say that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Him? (Luke 24: 44).

Bro. Germain
Dear brother Anthony Waston, please, let the Holy Spirit enlighten you, then you will see the truth,

The Father is called "God", it 's true!

The Son is called "God" , it's true!

The Holy Spirit is called "God", it's true!

It's also true that there aren't THREE GODS, but there is ONE GOD.

If there is ONE God, it means that there is ONE PERSON.

So, FATHER, SON, and HOLY SPIRIT are TITLES of the single God, the unique PERSON, namely Jesus Christ. Amen!

Please, tell me, how can three people be only one God?

Not only, there is no biblical passage which supports this, but that indicates even a gap of reasoning. Three distinct people, although identical in their substance make three gods or the language does not have any more a sense!

The Bible declares that God is our Savior. What does it say also about Jesus?

“awaiting the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all lawlessness, and purify to himself a peculiar people, zealous for good works”.

Titus 2:13-14

Jesus is not a small god beside Yahweh the great God, but Jesus Himself is our great God and Savior. Yahweh, the Savior in the Old Testament is Jesus the Savior in the New Testament Insofar as there are not two gods or two saviors. Amen!

Please, answer this question:

“To whom then will ye liken God? and what likeness will ye compare unto him?

Isaiah 40:18

God is one!!!!

Our great God and Saviour is Jesus Christ!!!

The Bible teaches that:

”For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on Earth or things in Heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross”.

Colossians 1:19-20

“For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;”

Colossians 2:9

It is for this reason that any believer must confess that Jesus-Christ is God (Yahweh). He is not a small god, who might be the second person of the trinity. He is not a small god beside Yahweh, but:

-the Powerful God, our Heavenly Father (Isaiah 9: 5-6),
-the true God and eternal life (1John 5: 20),
-the eternally blessed God(Romans 9: 5),
-Our great God and our Savior Jesus-Christ (Titus 2: 13),
-Immanuel: God with us (Matthew 1: 23) Alleluia!!!!
-the Alpha and the Omega, the Lord God, Who is, Who was, Who is to come, THE ALMIGHTY(Revelation 1:7-8)

As you see, Jesus has a double nature: divine and human:

« What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!”

John 6:62

Before, He was God (Yahweh). He became flesh, Son of Man in order to save us. He ascended where He was before. Then, He appeared to Saul on the Damascus road:

"And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

Acts 9:5

In Heaven, there is Jesus alone. There aren’t two “Gods” (the Father and His son) sitting side by side on the throne. No!

Jesus is not a small god beside His Father. But Jesus is the true God and eternal life (1 John 5:20)

May God open your eyes my brother!

Blessings,

Bro. Germain
A refutation to the trinitarian interpolation found in the text of Matt. 28:19 - 24

Evidence Against the Traditional Wording of Matthew 28:19

The Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics:

As to Matthew 28:19, it says: "It is the central piece of evidence for the traditional (Trinitarian) view. If it were undisputed, this would, of course, be decisive, but its trustworthiness is impugned on grounds of textual criticism, literary criticism and historical criticism."

The same Encyclopedia further states that: "The obvious explanation of the silence of the New Testament on the triune name, and the use of another (JESUS NAME) formula in Acts and Paul, is that this other formula was the earlier, and the triune formula is a later addition."

Edmund Schlink, The Doctrine of Baptism, page 28:

"The baptismal command in its Matthew 28:19 form can not be the historical origin of Christian baptism. At the very least, it must be assumed that the text has been transmitted in a form expanded by the [Catholic] church."

The Tyndale New Testament Commentaries, I, 275:
"It is often affirmed that the words in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost are not the ipsissima verba [exact words] of Jesus, but...a later liturgical addition."

Wilhelm Bousset, Kyrios Christianity, page 295:
"The testimony for the wide distribution of the simple baptismal formula [in the Name of Jesus] down into the second century is so overwhelming that even in Matthew 28:19, the Trinitarian formula was later inserted."

PLEASE REREAD THE FOLLOWING UNTIL YOU CAN FINALLY GET IT!

The Catholic Encyclopedia, II, page 263:

***"The baptismal formula was changed from the name of Jesus Christ to the words Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by the Catholic Church in the second century."***

Hastings Dictionary of the Bible 1963, page 1015:

"The Trinity.-...is not demonstrable by logic or by Scriptural proofs,...The term Trias was first used by Theophilus of Antioch (c AD 180),...(The term Trinity) not found in Scripture..."

"The chief Trinitarian text in the NT is the baptismal formula in Mt 28:19...This late post-resurrection saying, not found in any other Gospel or anywhere else in the NT, has been viewed by some scholars as an interpolation into Matthew.

It has also been pointed out that the idea of making disciples is continued in teaching them, so that the intervening reference to baptism with its Trinitarian formula was perhaps a later insertion into the saying.

Finally, Eusebius's form of the (ancient) text ("in my name" rather than in the name of the Trinity) has had certain advocates. (Although the Trinitarian formula is now found in the modern-day book of Matthew), this does not guarantee its source in the historical teaching of Jesus. It is doubtless better to view the (Trinitarian) formula as derived from early (Catholic) Christian, perhaps Syrian or Palestinian, baptismal usage (cf Didache 7:1-4), and as a brief summary of the (Catholic) Church's teaching about God, Christ, and the Spirit:..."

The Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge:
"Jesus, however, cannot have given His disciples this Trinitarian order of baptism after His resurrection; for the New Testament knows only one baptism in the name of Jesus (Acts 2:38; 8:16; 10:43; 19:5; Gal. 3:27; Rom. 6:3; 1 Cor. 1:13-15), which still occurs even in the second and third centuries, while the Trinitarian formula occurs only in Matt. 28:19, and then only again (in the) Didache 7:1 and Justin, Apol. 1:61...Finally, the distinctly liturgical character of the formula...is strange; it was not the way of Jesus to make such formulas... the formal authenticity of Matt. 28:19 must be disputed..." page 435.

The Jerusalem Bible, a scholarly Catholic work, states:
"It may be that this formula, (Triune Matthew 28:19) so far as the fullness of its expression is concerned, is a reflection of the (Man-made) liturgical usage established later in the primitive (Catholic) community. It will be remembered that Acts speaks of baptizing "in the name of Jesus,"..."

The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, page 2637, Under "Baptism," says:
"Matthew 28:19 in particular only canonizes a later ecclesiastical situation, that its universalism is contrary to the facts of early Christian history, and its Trinitarian formula (is) foreign to the mouth of Jesus."

New Revised Standard Version says this about Matthew 28:19:
"Modern critics claim this formula is falsely ascribed to Jesus and that it represents later (Catholic) church tradition, for nowhere in the book of Acts (or any other book of the Bible) is baptism performed with the name of the Trinity..."

James Moffett's New Testament Translation:
In a footnote on page 64 about Matthew 28:19 he makes this statement: "It may be that this (Trinitarian) formula, so far as the fullness of its expression is concerned, is a reflection of the (Catholic) liturgical usage established later in the primitive (Catholic) community, It will be remembered that Acts speaks of baptizing "in the name of Jesus, cf. Acts 1:5 +."

The floor is open to the "most hightly educated" Trinitarian to respond to my post first.

If you can't, the pass to the next so all can take their turns.....
Anthony, I see your comment, obviously the "cat has got your tongue"!!!

The Bible mandates that you give me an answer, or were you not aware of this text either?

1 Pet. 3:15 - But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

So try again, and be obedient to the words of the apostle Peter, and be honest enough to admit along with the rest of the scholars that this text is spurious and cannot be used to support your false doctrine of the Trinity.
Watson:
A refutation of your text of 1 John 5:7 as a proof for the trinity is as follows:]

~~~~~~~~~~~
That these words are spurious and have no right to stand in the New Testament is certain in light of the following considerations.

(A) EXTERNAL EVIDENCE. (1) The passage is absent from every known Greek manuscript except four, and these contain the passage in what appears to be a translation from a late recession of the Latin Vulgate. These four manuscripts are ms. 61, a sixteenth century manuscript formerly at Oxford, now at Dublin; ms. 88, a twelfth century manuscript at Naples, which has the passage written in the margin by a modern hand; ms. 629, a fourteenth or fifteenth century manuscript in the Vatican; and ms. 635, an eleventh century manuscript which has the passage written in the margin by a seventeenth century hand.

(2) The passage is quoted by none of the Greek Fathers, who, had they known it, would most certainly have employed it in the Trinitarian controversies (Sabellian and Arian). Its first appearance in Greek is in the Greek version of the (Latin) Acts of the Lateran Council in 1215.

(3) The passage is absent from the manuscripts of all ancient versions (Syriac, Coptic, Armenian, Ethiopic, Arabic, Slavonic), except Latin; and it is not found (a) in the Old Latin in its early form (Tertullian, Cyprian, Augustine), or in the Vulgate (b) as issued by Jerome (codex Fuldensis [copied A.D. 541-46] and codex Amiatinus [copied before A.D. 716]) or (c) as revised by Alcuin (first hand of codex Vercellensis [ninth century]).

The earliest instance of the passage being quoted as a part of the actual text of the Epistle is in a fourth century Latin treatise entitled Liber Apologeticus (chap. 4), attributed either to the Spanish heretic Priscillian (died about 385) or to his follower Bishop Instantius. Apparently the gloss arose when the original passage was understood to symbolize the Trinity (through the mention of three witnesses; the Spirit, the water, and the blood), an interpretation which may have been written first as a marginal note that afterward found its way into the text. In the fifth century the gloss was quoted by Latin Fathers in North Africa and Italy as part of the text of the Epistle, and from the sixth century onwards it is found more and more frequently in manuscripts of the Old Latin and of the Vulgate. In these various witnesses the wording of the passage differs in several particulars. (For examples of other intrusions into the Latin text of 1 John, see 2.17; 4.3; 5.6; and 20.)

(B) INTERNAL PROBABILITIES. (1) As regards transcriptional probability, if the passage were original, no good reason can be found to account for its omission, either accidentally or intentionally, by copyists of hundreds of Greek manuscripts, and by translators of ancient versions.

(2) As regards intrinsic probability, the passage makes an awkward break in the sense.

For the story of how the spurious words came to be included in the Textus Receptus, see any critical commentary on 1 John, or Metzger, The Text of the New Testament, pp101 f.; cf. also Ezra Abbot, 'I. John v.7 and Luther's German Bible,' in The Authorship of the Fourth Gospel and Other Critical Essays (Boston, '1888), pp. 458-463."

http://www.godglorified.com/1_john_57.htm
Anthony:

Since you are good at pulling up scriptures that you wish to have refuted, please provide ONE text that uses either the terms:

1) "God the Holy Ghost/Spirit"
2) "God the Son"

Our Savior commended Peter when he replied as follows:

Matt. 16:
[16] And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ,
the Son of the living God.
[17] And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our Messiah confirmed that the Father had revealed this to Peter, shouldn't this term, "The Son Of The Living God" (rather than "God the Son" which is found nowhere in our inspired scriptures) be the term you use for the "Son of God"?
Watson:
You answer to my last question is very childish.

I knew you couldn't answer my questions when I asked them. You just simply haven't studied this subject to be able to intelligently discuss this subject. You are probably like most, even those who have been to the cemetery, who have just been programmed to be a denominational preacher who will not and cannot even when shown clearly from the Bible, go against the doctrines of their denomination.

To the host of the board, or any others, can you find even ONE occurrence of the terms

God the Son

or

God the Holy Spirit.

These terms originated OUTSIDE of and much after the scriptures were written, was made into a doctrine by the Catholic church, then you Protestants took the Catholic church's teachings (many doctrines without question) when your leaders separated from her and fomed that first generation Protestant church. If you would trace back your spiritual genealogy, you will find that you all end up within "Mother Rome".

Our vocabulary regarding Biblical matters should come from the Bible itself and there would be fewer false teaching based on commandments and doctrines of men....

Remember. Jesus said to His disciples in Matt. 28 to
"teach WHATSOEVER HE COMMANDED".

We all know he did not teach that there was a trinity, of God in 3 persons.... So why should you Trinitarians continue to teach it?
I will apeal to the very office that many like to refute and declare (with total error) that has closed out since the beginning of the Church: the office of the Apostle.

Hebrew 3:1 declares that JESUS is not only called GOD, and not only called our High Priest, but an Apostle. If anyone knows anything about the Apostolic office, they would know that such an office submits to a greater power, the Emperor. The Apostle was sent forth as the Emissary/Ambassador of the Emperor, with the signet seal of his majesty. This officer of the government was granted for this particular mission the very power and authority of the King himself. Pharaoh of Egypt best explain the range of authroity given to such when he anoint Joseph, son of Israel in the same office:

"And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is? And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art: Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou. And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt. And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck; and he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt. And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I am Pharaoh, and without thee shall no man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt." - Genesis 41:38-44

Such an authority makes the Apostle equal to a king and a lord of lands, and makes the one who sent him "King of kings and LORD of lords". JESUS is such, for He has sent out His Apostles and rules us who He made kings and priests. However JESUS Himself was sent, and submitted to One greater than He. This One would be the FATHER Himself.

Isaiah 48:16 “I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, there am I; and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me.”

John 15:26But when the Comforter is come whom I will send unto you from the Father, He shall testify of me.”

Matthew 3:16 "And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

John 8:15-18 "Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me."
Anthony Waston said:

"The Trinity means the union of three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in one (unified) Godhead or divinity, so that all three persons are one in unity and eternal substance, but three separate and distinct Persons as to individuality..."

HERESY!!!!

Bro. Germain
By faith, you must change your mindset regarding Christ - who He is, what He did, and why - for salvation (Acts 3:19). If we place our faith in Him, trusting His death on the cross to pay for our sins, we will be forgiven and receive the promise of eternal life in heaven. "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son so that anyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). "If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:9). Faith alone in the finished work of Christ on the cross is the only true path to eternal life! "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9).

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service