Is The Trinity Biblical?
From the Christian Research Institute
www.equip.org
The Trinity is a basic doctrine of orthodox Christianity. Yet the word "Trinity" is not found anywhere in the Bible. Is the doctrine of the Trinity really biblical?
The doctrine of the Trinity says that there is one All Mighty One (God) who exists eternally as three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I can assure you that the elements of this doctrine are all taken directly from the Bible.
The first plank of the Trinitarian platform is that there is only one All Mighty One (God). The Bible could not be more explicit on this point, which it states explicitly about two dozen times. In Isaiah 44:8 Yahweh (The LORD) says that even He does not know of any other (mighty ones)gods!
Yahshua (Jesus) often spoke of the All Mighty One (God) as His Father, and the apostles frequently spoke of "the Almighty One (God) the Father." But the New Testament also insists that Yahshua (Jesus) is The Almighty One (God). For example, Thomas acknowledged Yahshua (Jesus) as, "My Lord(master) and my Almighty One (God)" (John 20:28), and both Peter and Paul spoke of Yahshua (Jesus) as "our All Mighty One (God) and Savior" (2 Pet. 1:1; Tit. 2:13). Yet the New Testament also makes the distinction between the Father and the Son as two very different persons. In fact they tell us that they love one another, speak to each other, and seek to glorify each other (e.g., John 17: 1-26).
The Old Testament refers often to the Holy Spirit as The Almighty One (God) at work in the world, without distinction from the Father. But Yahshua (Jesus) in John 14 to 16 explained that this Holy Spirit would be sent by the Father at the Messiah’s (Christ's) request. The Holy Spirit would teach and guide the disciples, not speaking on His own initiative, but speaking on the Messiah’s 9Christ's) behalf and glorifying The messiah (Christ). Thus, the Holy Spirit is revealed by The Messiah (Christ) to be a third person distinct from the Father and distinct from the Son.
In short, the doctrine of the Trinity is completely and totally biblical, and it is essential that all the Followers of the Messiah Yahshua (Christians) give assent to this doctrine.

Views: 1278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yahuah is God

Yahushua is God

Ruach is God

Interestingly, in the Hebrew, "God" simply means mighty one or strong one. So, scripture calling Yahushua God, in hebraic thought, does not mean its calling Him Yahuah Himself, and it does not mean the Ruach is being called Yahuah when He is called God. Hebraic thought is so important to understanding Hebraic scripture.. don't you think?
James, I almost missed you (key word: ALMOST) and the arguments of Hebraic thought!
Trevor,

And a merry christmas to you to! HAAAAA
Bah humbug!
Trevor,

Awwww. dont steal all the children's presents! Don't scare them uncle scrouge! HAAA
Brother Anthony Watson said:

“The problem with you, Germain, is that you have an unteachable spirit, you are uneducated, you don't know English grammar, you don't know, and don't want to learn, Biblical Hebrew and Koine Greek, you don't know how to write well, which is why you cut & paste everything, you don't have a good command of the Bible, and you always fail to respond to challenges that destroy your erroneous arguments…”

Brother Anthony Watson, with all due respect, let me tell you that you sound like the accuser of our brothers who accuses them before our God day and night (Revelation 12:10), don’t you?

YOUR ACCUSATIONS ABOVE ARE FALSE!

Certainly, my English is not excellent enough, but I'm pretty sure that you understand whatever I tell you even if the words don’t sometimes fit together.

Besides, ENGLISH is not my mother tongue. I live in a French speaking country.

So, if your FRENCH is as good as mine, then let us continue the discussion into French, maybe you will understand me more!

Anyway, as Brother Paul said, I’d like to tell you also that “My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power”.

1 Corinthians 2:1-5

Amen!!!!!!

Indeed, I’ve already responded to the twelve points in your post.

Please take time to read my post above and you will find the ANSWER of each point of your post, even though it has not been done line by line.

Now, my Brother Anthony Watson, the conclusion in that matter everything being heard is that, you must take on the challenge of answering my following question:

PLEASE, DO NOT AVOID MY QUESTION BELOW:

Indeed, Phillip asked a question to Jesus Christ:

Question: “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us”

Our Lord Jesus Christ replied:

Answer: DON’T YOU KNOW ME PHILIP…?

“…Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?...”

We notice that Jesus didn’t reply: Don't you know HIM, Philip…?, but He replied:

DON’T YOU KNOW ME PHILIP…?

ME ! ME! ME ! ME! Amen!

WHO IS REALLY THE FATHER ACCORDING TO THE BIBLICAL PASSAGE ABOVE?

AREN’T JESUS AND THE FATHER THE SAME ACCORDING TO THE BIBLICAL PASSAGE ABOVE?

WAS JESUS SPEAKING ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE TO PHILIP?

Enough is enough!!!!!!!

I’m waiting for your answer, spiritually blind men!

Don’t you believe that “…God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation”???

2 Corinthians 5:19

If you do not believe this, then you are spiritually blind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRINITY IS NOT SCRIPTURAL, IT’S JUST A DOCTRINE TAUGHT BY DEMONS!!!!

“The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons”.

1Timothy 4:1

Blessings,

Brother Germain
O my Lord, please, open the eyes of Brother Anthony Watson!!!!!

Blessings,

Bro. Germain
Brother Anthony Watson said :

“…Lets do this Germain. This is a dialogue between a Trinitarian and a Oneness Pentecostal. Come on Germain, the BPN fans have bought their tickets, and you are a no-show!”

Brother, first of all, let me tell you that I’m a non denominational Christian.

Did, the BPN fans have bought their tickets?

OK!

So let them wait and see!

Is my back now up against a wall?

Brother Anthony Watson, time has come for me to show you that you don’t even know your A B C D in the knowledge of the Holy Scriptures.

Indeed, you challenged me to respond to points 8, 9, and 12 of your post above!

Indeed, you've said:

"...(8) Jesus said that the Father was "greater than all" and "greater than I" (PROOF: John 10:29; 14:28). Jesus then could NOT be the Father. Paul also stated that the Father was the "head of Christ" (PROOF: Colossians 3:23; 11:3). This cannot be refuted..."

"...(9) God the Father is called "he" (PROOF: John 14:16); God the Son is called "he" (PROOF: John 8:23-25). and God the Holy Spirit is called "he" and "another" (PROOF: John 14:16-17, 26; 15:26; 16:7-15), so if personal pronouns are used of each Person in making a distinction between them as is done with other persons, there must be three separate Persons.
Germain, how can this be the "things taught by demons"? This is the Word of God, and it cannot be refuted!..."

"...(12) Many statements were made concerning the Father that could not have been true to Jesus: the Father was in Heaven while Jesus was on Earth (PROOF: Matthew 5:1, 48); the Father knew things that Jesus did not know (PROOF: Matthew 10:29-31; Mark 13:32; Acts 1:7; Revelation 1:1); the Father was "good," but Jesus did not claim any such quality in Himself (PROOF: Matthew 19:17); the Father was on a throne, and Jesus was not (PROOF: Matthew 23:22); Jesus is coming in the glory of the Father and not in His own glory (PROOF: Matthew 16:27). There is no way that you can refute any of this..."

Brother Anthony Watson,

1* Jesus has said that: the Father was "greater than all" and "greater than I".

It’s true, it is so said the Bible! Amen!

2* Paul also stated that the Father was the "head of Christ.

3* God the Father is called "he". The Son is called "he" The Holy Spirit is called "he" and "another”…

The Father knew things that Jesus did not know (Mark 13:32)

Etc.

Brother Anthony Watson, although all these statements can be found in the Bible, you will never seize their meaning unless you receive a revelation from God(Matthew 11:25).

Your intellectual understanding of the Bible can never enable you to seize the very meaning of those statements! Never!

Indeed, Jesus Christ has said:

" 11He replied, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. 13This is why I speak to them in parables:
"Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand. 14In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
" 'You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
15For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.'[a]"

Matthew 13:11-15

Brother, Anthony Watson, the statements listed above are parables and you can seize their meaning only by revelation.

Brother, this is what I see by revelation:

FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT are TITLES of the Single God (God is one) or the single PERSON, namely JESUS CHRIST.

Indeed, Jesus said:

“If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

John 14:7

For instance, let me ask you a specific question.

Jesus said:

“And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[a] in you. 18I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

John 14:16-18

"...I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor…."

Here, we see that the FATHER is the One who will give us another Counselor…

But it is also written:

"When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me”.

John 15:26

Here, we notice that JESUS is the One who will give us another Counselor…

Brother Anthony Watson, do you see TWO PERSONS (THE FATHER and JESUS) Who would be the senders of the same Counselor?

Besides, Jesus said:

“ The Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[a] in you. 18I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you…”

Brother Anthony Watson, according to Galatians 2:20, 1 Corinthians 6:12 and Romans 8: 9-11, isn’t Jesus the same Counsolor, the same Holy Spirit He promised He would be in us?

Please, answer my questions above so that we can go to the second step of our studies for I do have many other specific questions to ask you!!!!!!!!!!!

The BPN fans and I are waiting for your reply!
Blessings,

Bro. Germain
*YAAAAAHHHHHH*

~does the wave!!~
In all this, I keep on wondering about the governmental order of GOD. JESUS told us that HE submitted to the FATHER. JESUS said that He was the Son of GOD. Apostle Peter said that JESUS was the Prince of Life. Peter also said that in Acts 3 GOD raised JESUS from the dead, not that HE raised Himself. JESUS said that He had the power to lay down His life, and the power to raise it up, and that HE received it from His FATHER. Stephen said that he seen JESUS standing at the right hand of GOD. Does that mean that JESUS was standing next to Himself? Why is it that time after time JESUS speaks of the FATHER as someone separate from JESUS? Does He have mental issues?

Or are Oneness doctrine believers the ones with the issues.......?
I have yet to see a Oneness address them for real without stumbling over themselves trying to switch the subject and/or explain it away. Oneness say this as a lame excuse for the explanation of their theory:

Bishop George Bloomer used an example, saying "George the husband, George the father, George the grandfather". The question then becomes "then who is your father, Bishop Bloomer?" Likewise, the question is who is JESUS' FATHER, and what was His name?
Anthony Waston said:

"...You may not admit it Germain, but you are learning from me, and I know that I am helping you..."

Is it possible for a SPIRITUALLY BLIND man to lead someone who is led by the Holy Spirit? I wonder!

Brother, your assertion and your false teachings above make me laugh. Please, do not make me fall in the pit!

Now, Brother Anthony Watson, since you assert that I'm learning from you, then will you take on the challenge of answering AT LAST my following questions?

Indeed, Phillip asked a question to Jesus Christ:

Question: “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us”

Our Lord Jesus Christ replied:

Answer: DON’T YOU KNOW ME PHILIP…?

Besides, Jesus said:

“If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

“…Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?...”

We notice that Jesus didn’t reply: Don't you know HIM, Philip…?, but He replied:

DON’T YOU KNOW ME PHILIP…?

ME ! ME! ME ! ME! Amen!

WHO IS REALLY THE FATHER ACCORDING TO THE BIBLICAL PASSAGE ABOVE?

AREN’T JESUS AND THE FATHER THE SAME ACCORDING TO THE BIBLICAL PASSAGE ABOVE?

WAS JESUS SPEAKING ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE TO PHILIP?

When Jesus said:

What did He mean?

Dear "Trinity" teacher Anthony Watson, I'm waiting for your insightful answer.

Bessings,

Bro. Germain

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service